Saturday, January 12, 2013

This and That

Hello readers! I've lost the camera again! Mildly concerning if it doesn't turn up, but mostly really annoying as I can't post pics.
The star of this post is MrC. He has been renovating and painting in the shop after hours and before opening, transforming rather dated cream pegboard into white slat board - SUCH an improvement!
He is very much looking forward to his new shirts, and due to me thinking that today was the 19th not the 12th, I have all of my cushions made for next weekend's fair, and thusly, I have time to make his nibs a shirt.
I love it when that happens! Like being gifted a whole week of extra time.
Tonight we chose a contrast fabric for piping and lining the collar and stay -  a fat quarter from my stash, So, nothing is stopping me from starting except a strong desire to take photos of the process.
Also today, we received a copy of Love kills Slowly, a book of tattoo art cross stitch patterns. I've suggested that MrC might like to choose one as his first foray into the art. There's nothing like first hand experience to understand a skill, and counted cross stitch is a good one for Mr Math Brain.
So behold my beloved - working like a skivvy, stitching and dressing flamboyantly. And soon to be bald - he is playing John the husband who dies of leukaemia in the stage version of Calsndar Girls soon.
I shall miss his sideburns...

12 comments:

  1. You must find that missing camera before Calsndar Girls starts - a last shot of the sideburns for old times sake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes, it cost a fortune with all its buttons and things. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. Dear Mrs. C.,
    Found myself giggling about Mr. Mathbrain and his now-missing sideburns. Now, enlighten us Over-the-Ponders, please: what is a "skiwy"?

    Very best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet missing!! They are with us until April. When a camera is found and/or purchased, I shall show them off. As he is refusing any hair cuts or trims in the meantime, he is beginning to look like a Victorian gentleman!
      A skivvy, besides being a turtle neck garment, is also a maid at the lowest end of the household hierarchy. She was the one who had to do all the horrible jobs and work like a demon!

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness you are a bust couple. Can't wait to see the shity made up. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross-stitch is a great craft for guys! I taught my bf to cross-stitch a number of years ago & now he has his own esty pattern store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell us more, what's his store name? I love seeing what people are doing :)

      Delete
  5. Ohh - I hope you find your camera soon - I want to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought a little one today, and a new Pc ahem...so soon, promise!!

      Delete
  6. A whole extra week of time . . . I dream of this . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the upside of not being very well organised hehehe. The downside of course is mostly feeling like there isn't enough time!

      Delete