Saturday, August 3, 2013

Introducing Constance

Constance Craving is my altar ego, because she likes to be worshipped and has LOTS of ego. ;-)
Constance is "Wellington's only anatomically correct drag queen". 
I took Constance out on the town last night for the first time ever (she only came into being recently). We went to a burlesque show where she behaved badly - big mouth, smutty humour - I had to take her twice, the second time to apologise!
 After we got home. As we walked home together, she insisted on singing very loudly all the way down Cuba St. Still at least that way people knew she is actually a woman under those eyelashes!
EYELASHES!! False eyelashes what a nightmare. Twenty minutes to get them on straight. Erk.
Constance borrowed my Anne Harvey 1970's pants suit, and has eyes on a piece of fabric gifted recently in MANY COLOURS to make a duster to wear over it. The black PVC number looks better laced up over a corset, and we were not in the mood for that malarkey yesterday.
And not shown are her FY boots. What are FY boots, you ask? Well if you have heard of FM boots, you can probably work it out ;-) They are pointy and strappy and generally look pretty dangerous. I wouldn't want to get on her wrong side when she has those on!

Can I just say it is fun dressing up as someone else who is really oneself magnified? Really in this case it is about performing, not just going around dressed up, but it is fun to go off to a show in character so the right people get to know one is available for gigs. :)
Right, after a day of making quilt tops for charity, I am off for a drive with the Mister and a lazy night in front of the telly. Or, more likely, making replacement bunting for the stuff stolen from the front of the shop on Friday night. Lesigh. I hope someone has used them brighten their flat and not just chucked them out. If Conny catches them, I pity them!

15 comments:

  1. Hey, nice to meet you Constance!! Looking good! And I love the studio portrait...methinks Contance does not shun the limelight and thrives off it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Tara Buster! teehee! And can you guess which MANY COLOURED fabric Constance has her beady eye on? :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous idea. I love it. Constance is gorgeous. I will have to think of a counterpart for moi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constance has the best tagline ever! She's gorgeous and I love her, and I just know she'll shine brighter than the sun. Sigh, I'm already jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Miss Moxy, have more than enough stage presence of your own. xo

      Delete
  4. Bunting from the Marion St store? I was in there on Friday (buying wool dye and d-rings). Didn't see anything suspicious, though.
    Oh, well, sounds like you girrrls had a riot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was late I think, after hours. Still, lovely new orange stuff cut out waiting for some time out to sew it u, and this one will be brought in every night!

      Delete
  5. You look so striking - I love it, maybe I need a burlesque make-over too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you and love you! Constance should make a reappearance soon. ! A super hero who discovers fabric and bunting thieves....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the world can only cope with small doses of her! hehehe

      Delete
    2. PS - lovely to have you, Verity!

      Delete
  7. Dear Mrs. C., erm, Constance,

    Whoo! Nothing like some skyscraper boots and a bustier to bring out the fun in a person. So glad you had fun, love the hair, and hope to see Constance again soon!

    Vey best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful to have Constance brighten things up a little from time to time.

    ReplyDelete